Tuesday, April 5

Apr. 5 Tues.
"..me too." –me

...

Who would have known that a phone promo could buy me a ticket to heaven?

The voice, the laughter, even the shouts..

I could have given anything to keep those moments, y'know?

...

I wished the seconds wouldn’t stretch to minutes and to hours..there is no time in heaven, right?

I didn’t care if my ears were starting to ache, or my back was creaking for sitting on that confounded iron chair the whole day..

I was happy.

Truly happy..just listening to that voice.

...

Ang babaw ko talaga. Pero ‘tangna, totoo ‘to. Ang sarap makinig, for once. Ang sarap din dumakdak, at marining ang kakaibang tawa na ‘yun pagtapos.

In that little corner of the room, I had the world in my grasp. And I hardly cared about any other thing except the one on the other end of the network of twisted wires.






Nica was right.

...

me: “kanta ka naman, o..kanina pa ko nagsasalita dito..”
him: “no way!”
me: “ang arte mo naman! I wont kill you, y’know.”
him: “yeah but..nahihiya ako sayo eh..”
me: *laughs* “ushu..ikaw? mahiya sa girl? That’s impossible.”
him: “ehh..natotorpe ako sayo..i don’t know why..”
me: “Ha! Oh well, I wont force you..but you owe me a song!”
him: “ANG DAYA!!”
me: “ano’ng madaya?! Patas lang yun!!”


him: “sabihin mo sa’king kung naruto na..”
me: *flicks on the TV* “o, naruto na! Opening song!”
him: *groans* “tinatamad ako i-on yung TV eh..i-kwento mo nalang sakin..please?”
me: O_o “ang batugan mo naman!”
him: “eh..i want to hear your voice din eh..”
me: *laughs* “Fayn! Sige, ayan..opening song..blah blah blah..”
him: “dapat kantahin mo!”
me: “gago! Di ko alam ‘tong song na to! Basta there’s this masked dude running around with shuriken..then this pink-haired girl, then naruto..then the pink-haired girl again..then the sasuke person..then the other ninja thingies..then naruto! Then..hey..are they gonna kiss?!”
him: *laughs* “nah..”
me: “good!”


me: “kanta ka na..”
him: “sasabayan ko na lang eto’ng si gackt..hahaha! sana di ako pumiyok!”
me: “di yan! Sige lang..”
him: *sings along to some Japanese song with extremely high fluctuating notes* “waaaahhh!!”
(pause)
me: *shakes head* “argh! Sa lahat ba naman ng kanta’ng ikakanta mo sa’kin, yun pa’ng di ko maintindihan ang lyrics!!”
him: *laughs*


(odd clicking noise)
me: “what’s that? You typing something?”
him: “ah..this?”
(more clicks)
him: “that’s me putting my finger on the receiver. Haha!”
me: “ah ganun ba..but why?”
him: *in odd broken tones* “wa-la la-ng, I- th-k i-s dr-mat-c”
me: “dramatic ba na di kita marinig?! Sira!” *laughs*
(silence)
him: “haha!”
me: *raises eyebrow* “Hey..what did you just say?”
him: “nothing..haha..”
me: “yes you did! Daya! Get your finger outta that receiver and tell me straight!”
him: *laughs* “wala naman eh..kumain ka na nga lang..gutom lang yan..”
me: “hmph!”


(as the conversation ensues..)
me: “ouch..”
him: “hey, what’s wrong? You hurt?”
me: “im..” *clutches my stomach* *blink* “that’s weird..”
him: “what is? Hey, you okay?”
me: “im.. hungry..that’s never happened before..”
him: “so nagugutom ka pag kausap mo ako? Aba! May silbi na pala ako sa mundo! Sige, kumain ka na!”
me: “its weird! I get hungry when I talk to you..”


...

sometimes, there would be long pauses and silences..

not awkward, though..peaceful. I liked it..so did he.

But in the silence, much could be heard. I know that now. And ahem. You should too.

It pays to listen. Listen close. *smiles*

...

Silence..like a rose blooming out from the tufts of sun-warmed snow..

Then a blink.

I reached out and frantically turned off the TV beside me..put my finger in my other ear, and closed my eyes..

Feather-soft and fragile..


“..all I wanna do...is grow old with you..”










You thought I didn’t hear you..

But I did.

And I smiled and whispered back:




“..me too..”

...