Friday, December 17

Dec. 17 Fri.
"Something much worse..
Something that makes puppies." -Les

...

This day was supposed to be all relax and gift giving, but it turned out a bit different..

For one thing, my IP group had a major problem with the draft, and ended up retyping the whole thing at the CAI room.

I tried teaching my berks a lesson about learning to appreciate the simple things in life..

But I guess it pretty much backfired.

...

Cheche gave me a celtic cross necklace for the class exchange gift, and that really made me go AWWWWWWW...

Giselle gave me..well, a lot of things for the barkada exchange gift. A copy of The Unbearable Lightness of Being, a pair of fishscale earrings, a pair of pink flipflops (which I agreed to wear for the sake of my berks), a journal to write my hurts and joys in, and of course..

The first flower that she saw that morning..and a leaf.

The latter ones were truly priceless.

...

When it was my turn to give my gift, everyone expected me to hand out a bunch of star-shaped and Harry Potter stuff to Inna, coz we all knew that those were her most favorite things in the world..

Those and sir Beni, of course.

I gave Inna my gifts in the simplest package I could think of.

A matchbox.

I watched their reactions, and was quite disappointed when they all laughed at it; saying there was a spider inside, and I was gonna pull out a stick and start playing battle of the spiders with Inna.

Course, I laughed with them. It was kinda funny, really..

But when she opened it, the laughter stopped.

















"Inna..

Mawala na lahat ng bituin,

Huwag lang ikaw.

...

Mahal kita.

-Cel"




















...

I leaned back to see their reactions.

They all gave out an AWWWW..HOW SWEET! before she lifted the card to see the gifts inside.

A strangled shriek of surprise..a gasp of disbelief..

Widened eyes..

I smiled.













It was a pair of yellow star glass earrings, and a rare collector’s item of a Harry Potter coin with Harry's face engraved on one side, and the Hogwarts crest on the other side.














See?

The best gifts can come in the smallest, simplest packages.

...
















...

After the mass, I hugged my berks goodbye and Merry Christmas before rushing off with Les and Beija to wait for our ride.

When kuya Jonie (sana lang tama yung spelling!) arrived, we slumped inside the radio-forsaken car and tried our best to speed off to Mcdonalds to pick up ate Sop.

After pulling her in with us at the back, we went to Starbucks katips to pick up te Lalaine and sip some coffee on the way to Beija's pad for the WB party.

Throughout the whole trip, barukan fest po.

Courtesy of moi.



Beija: "Yknow that pole in the swimming pool shower rooms? Maecy and Cam use it as a POLE."
s: *laughs*
Me: "Eh si Inna nga eh, she dirty dances in the shower na nakabukas yung cortains.." *eyes widen* "CORTAINS!"
Them: *manic laughter*




Te Yuna: "Lookie o, bigay ni Mike.." *holds up a stuffed Sonic the Hedgehog bag*
Us: "Awwww..its so cute!"
Me: "Ang cute naman ni Felix.."
Them: *stops, looks up at me* "Uh.."
Me: *blinks* "Wait, Felix nga ba..?"
Les: "Sira! Si Sonic yan!" *laughs her head off*
Te Sop: *laughs* "Parang nagtaka ako ng onti dun ah..kasi isip ko lang diba itim si Felix?"



Me: *runs fingers through ate Sop's hair* "Wow ate..ang bango ng hair mo! Anong shampoo mo?"
Te Sop: "Er..iba iba..minsan pantene, minsan Palmolive.."
Me: *tilts head* "Ows? Eh bakit ganyan buhok ng hair mo?"
Everyone: *blinks*
Te Sop: "Wha-?"
Me: *shakes head* "Este..bakit ganyan amoy ng buhok mo?"
Us: *laughs our heads off*



And the winner..



Beija: "Yknow, my mom is going to India next year.."
Les: "O? gano katagal sha dun?"
Beija: "Hmm.. Jan to Feb."
Me: *blinks* "Jantofeb? San yun?"
(pause)
Les&Beija: *rolls around in their seats, laughing their heads off*
Les: "SIRA! HINDI LUGAR YUN! JANUARY TO FEBRUARY!"
Me: *laughs* "Oh shyet, ganun ba?!"
Les: *puts on a hindu accent* "Oh, I have been to Jantofeb lately, I go there every year, yes?"
Us: *manic laughter*

...

after scalding my tongue on te Lalaine's coffee, we lounged around in Beija’s living room with Les messing around with the belens, in all its cute ceramic sheepness and its hilarious mother of all leather camelness.

I cought a glimpse of mig, I think. Him, or a shirtless shy sprite with glasses. Chad and Mr. Rialp were locked in their rooms, and for some reason I felt uneasy with them hiding like that all the time.

The western ways do clash with the south eastern.

*shrugs* maybe its just me and the way I was brought up.

Probably got used to getting to know the siblings of my friends and having fun with them too.

Haha, malay natin.

...

as if on cue, the rest of the WB members arrived just as dinner was served. We had porkchops and pancit and a helluva lot of laughs.

Les and I had a talk about all the sexy bodies of our batchmates, and more about Jantofeb, before we went upstairs to lounge.

Les was totally engrossed with playing DiabloII and snapped at anyone who disturbed her. Although she didnt mind me screaming out my sentiments about those skeletons that kept on cornering her throughout the game.

"Aaarrgh! They're killin me! They’re killin meeee!!"
"Oh shit! They’re friggin killin you! Die, moving carcasses! Dieee!!"

Te lalaine and I were playing with cards, before beija and te Sop quit strumming the guitar and joined us. Later that night, miss Manahan arrived with her boyfriend, and they hung around with us talking about science, tequila, greek names, and stuff.

After losing miserably and consecutively with pusoy dos and tong its, I just leaned back and watched them play.

Beija had Chad come out of his room to do some catching up with Ms. Manahan-s boyfriend who turned out to be his old college classmate. We all got a chance to marvel at his chopped locks and I got to see his face for the first time.

Damn.

What is it with me and my friends' brothers?

Ive been with Kevin and JV loads of times, but I never got to look at them in the face. I dont know why..

...

When kuya came up to fetch me, I introduced him to everybody.

Yeah yeah, I know absolutely well that I dont look ANYTHING like him. Kape ako, gatas sha. Beast ako, beauty sha.

But no, neither of us is adopted. Mana sha kay mommy, mana ako kay daddy.

He played around with Kaiser a bit, then we took off with Les and te Lalaine laughing their heads off behind us.

Kuya was to stay at home for the vacation, and I have to admit that I miss his frank and funny company..

Oh yeah, and kuya ricky our driver bought a brand new sparkling fir--engine red motorbike..












Which kuya rode to kingdom come.

And I mean RIDE.

With all the wrongness you can muster.

Kulang na lang whip and a big cherry lollipop.



"Celine, angkas ka! RIDE WIT ME! YEE-HAW!"
"GAGO!"

...









...

I giggled myself to sleep.

Somehow, I feel that some people only like me for the things I have..

For the people I know..

For my talents..

For my relatives.









Sanayan lang yan.

*giggle giggle*

...