Saturday, November 27

Nov. 27 Sat.
"They like DOING girls?!?!" -me

They said 7:30am.

7:30.

Oh I was there 7:30, alright.


















They arrived at 9.

...

If I was a full-fledged girl, I would have thrown a fit just like all my other batchmates. But hey, im a man-hating androgynous gal, so I just slumped on a chair, threw my head back and thought about how the fact that those Xavier boys would all be going out of their busses in single file would give me the perfect chance to shoot them down one by one.

But Giselle was our batch rep, and she practically sweat blood just to prepare this whole interaction for us..so I spared them my wrath.

Well, it wasnt really THAT bad at all..

Save for some really rude y-chromosome creatures.

Rargh.

Damn, I hate guys..id rather date a girl than-

Ahem.

...

We had this amazing race thingy, where we had to go around the campus collecting clues..some of which were sabotaged.

I had to run and skip and jump and sprint and jog and even ask really awkward questions to the guys the whole time..save for the heat and sweat and uninviting personalities they showed me, it was kinda fun.

There was one guy, though, ..really didnt like him. He was the typical y-chromosome creature I abhor - from the clean refined features of his marble face and chinky eyes, narrow electric blue glasses, fit navy shirt, loose khaki pants, brand new flashy nikes, and that snappy Im-all-that air in his demeanor and SPEECH..

..and after his answer to the "What will you do if your girlfriend went to the states for a year, and gained 30 pounds, would you still love her?" question..

"NO! OF COURSE NOT, HAHAHA!" he sputtered, with that look on his face like it was the most obvious thing in the world. He doubled over laughing and added:

"She gained 30 pounds, for cryin out loud! Ang panget na nya nun! And besides," he said, cocking his head and raising his eyebrow.. "One year is more than enough for ME..to find a new girlfriend.."












Damn.

I wanted to punch him where the sun dont shine.

...

Lunch was much better. It was a catered buffet of rice, pork, beef, vegetables, and tonkatsu. Ahhh..the food was great..

But watching them eat was a lot more fun. *evil grin*

If you were there, you wouldnt know me.

Me: *stares at stevie eating*
Stevie: *blinks*
Me: *grin* "Ang cute mo kumain.."
Guys: *laughs*
Girls: *drops their forks, spoons, and jaws*

After lunch was the TALK. Oh boy, we all knew what that was gonna be about..

Alex: "may talk? Tungkol san?"
Kate: "Er.."
Me: *snorts* "Hindi ba obvious?"
Them: *stares at me*
Me: *waves tonkatsu around* "Uh..what do they ALWAYS talk about when there are girls.." *points to my batchmates* "..and guys.." *points to Xavier boys* "..all within 3-foot radius of each other?"
*pause*
Them: *eyes widen* "Oh..boy."
Me: *laughs* "Ah basta..matutulog ako."
Nox: "Haha, sige ako rin!"
Me: *grin* "Unless..may live example.."
*pause*
Them: *chokes on food*
Me: *laughs*

...

Things I learned in the talk:

>all guys are cheaters.
>>Except Jesus.
>looks arent everything..
>>but guys usually realize that when its too late.
>>>Except Jesus.
>Parental advice are usually correct.
>>but we only realize that when we already made the mistake.

...

There was this game we played to pass the time..sort of like a SURVEY SAYS..

Each contestant were supposed to guess what the other gender would answer.

Lorra: "What brings a girl down?"
Guy: "Er..being ditched?"
Survey: 50% = being rejected
Lorra: "Very good!"

There was this one question, though..made me choke.

Lorra: "Okay..survey question is..WHAT DO GUYS LIKE DOING?"
ela: "Umm..playing video games?"
Survey: 28% = playing basketball
28% = girls
Me: *chokes* "They like DOING girls?!?! Shyet!"
Everyone: *blinks* *looks at survey results* *looks at me* *looks at each other* "OH MY GOD.."
Me: *grits teeth* "Now THAT is what I call wrong.."

...

Near the end of the program, I got to chat with some of the guys..they were funny, madakdak but still kinda shy. It was fun..

Me: "So you guys really have a Chinese subject?"
Them: "Yeah.."
Me: *scratches head* "Anong tinuturo sa inyo dun?"
Nox: "Er..mandarin. Ang hirap nga eh!"
Me: *raises eyebrow* "Talaga lang..panong mahirap?"
Nox: "Kasi..every syllable sa Chinese language may different tones..pag namali mo yung tone lang, baka magbago yung ibig sabihin ng word!"
Me: *laughs* "Ah, okay..sige nga, demo!"
Nox: *pauses* "Example..the syllable TSI."
*pause*
Nox: *high squeaky fluctuating voice* "Tsii, tsi. TSiiII TSIII!"
Me: *eyes widen* *literally rolls around chair laughing my head off*
Dom&Caria: *stares at me, scared* "Si Estrada nagwawala!"

Maybe I was just shallow that day..but I seemed to laugh at their every antic. But no, I wasnt flirting. Not in a million years.

...

When they left, I had to literally bite down hard on my tongue to keep myself from losing my temper and cussing and beating the hell out of the Xavier core group.

Damn.

Really.

I knew those y-chromosome creatures could be lazy, but heck..

Nobody makes my friends cry and gets away with it CONSCIOUS.

Especially guys.

...

After cleaning up, we boarded Maika's ride - which literally felt like an earthquake in a roller coaster - dropped off Giselle at Zobel, dropped of Cams at her place, and all the rest of us lounged around at Maika's pad watching Chasing Liberty and eating yema and icecream.

It was fun being there, listening to my berks describe the guys they liked..as I smiled at the glimmering shard of hope that grew in my mind..

"Uuuy..si Celine andaming nakilalang good gwapo guys.."

I could only laugh softly and exclaim: "Basta sana hindi sila BADING!"

...

When I was picked up at around 8, I sat there at the back of the car excitedly narrating the funny excerpts of the day, and the fact that I met a few good guys at the interaction to my dad..

But then..

"Wag ka nang umasa sa kanila, Celine."

I stopped. I blinked and asked: "Bakit naman, dad..?"

"CHINESE BOYS WILL ALWAYS MARRY PURE CHINESE GIRLS. ALWAYS."













I froze. The thought never really entered my mind..i wasnt really looking that far ahead..but the truth hit me like a hadou-ken to the chest.

So much for hopes.

Stupid of me.

I shook my head and snorted. "Yuck, who says I plan to MARRY them?! Heh. Kawawa na lang mga batchmates ko na patay na patay sa mga chinito."

He laughed.

...

If my 9-year old self only saw me now..

She would slap me for being so weak with hope on guys and love.


















I frantically tried to remind myself why I became a man-hater in the first place.

Oh yes.

To avoid rejection and losing on love.

Its a crude and immature tactic..














But hell.

It works.

...