Friday, October 15

Oct. 15 Fri.
"Falling in love is like falling off a cliff..
And discovering you can fly." – *blink* my friend..Cedric

...

I walked through the corridors and covered paths, watching her. She was skipping about and running her fingers along the iron railings and bushes..

But she would wince slightly, gripping a bandage on her side. I knew that last week's ordeal made a mark, and she did her best to keep her father, brother, and friends from poking her wound. I was proud of her..for enduring such a thing so bravely..

A pang of guilt swept through me. I should have protected her..i had the power to lessen the pain..to keep her from getting hurt in the first place..

But I didnt.

I let her get hurt. Sick bastard that I am.

But she was getting better now..and I was learning how to protect her more. It was Friday morning, and the warm rays of the sun glimmered through her tarnished hands and hair. She was happy. So was I.

...






...

"Ano kamo?"

"You heard me."

"S-sino..?"

"Sino pa ba? Duh."

I gulped.

I was so not ready for that.

I shifted my wide, unseeing eyes to the open space beyond the 4th floor railing.



*No..ang aga aga pa..*

I slowly closed my eyes as I sank.







*Bakit..ba..ganto..?*

...








...

I stepped down the concrete stairs with a blank mind and numb heart. But three steps to the ground floor, I felt a surge of panic overwhelm me.

I winced slightly, as she suddenly flung her arms around my waist and held on oh so tight for dear life. I looked down at her wide eyes looking up at me, desperate and confused.






"Am I gonna die?" she asked.

I pursed my lips and locked my jaw. I had to protect her. I had to.

"No." I answered firmly, holding the back of her head. "Im not gonna let you get hurt again." I gently pulled on her mask. "It wont hurt if you wear this."

She tilted her head. I could hear her voice slightly muffled behind the china face.

"But..they wont be able to see me.."

My heart was crunching in my throat. But I didnt have the heart to tell her the whole truth.

"Its for the best, dear.." I whispered, patting her head. "Its for the best."

...

"Pssst!"

I squeezed her hand.

We both turned to our deaths.

Three minutes in, and already Fate's hands were creeping down my neck, and Pain's blazing fingertips were tracing their way along her mask.

*Hold..hold..kaya ko to..Kaya natin to..*

I glanced to my side for a fraction of a second.

She cowered in Pain's grasp..and turned to me, desperate and terrified.

"I wont let him hurt you.." I seethed through gritted teeth, as I forced every ounce of my willpower to overcome the surge of memories and despair that came from Fate's gentle caresses.

I fought with all my mind..












But not with all my heart.

I lost.

...

With a sickening shatter, our masks broke and crumbled on the floor.

"GAGO KA TALAGA, FATE! YOU SADISTIC BASTARD!" I screamed in my head, as he pulled me to him, throwing his head back in manic laughter.

With a shriek, she painfully wrenched herself free of Pain’s burning clutches, and rushed forward to her saviors.

In a flash, I grabbed her and pulled her back..

"If they see you, you'll get hurt!" I thundered.

She slapped my hand away, and looked at me, her blazing eyes burning into my own.

"NO!" she shrieked, her voice breaking with sobs. "its YOU who is hurting me! Its YOU! You're a coward! A coward.." her words trailed off as she gave in to her tears and fresh wounds..as she gave in to Pain's embrace..

...

"Aha..it looks like YOU are the sadistic bastard, Celine..not me.."

His soft words seeped into my mind and heart like silken poison.

I could only close my eyes.

*no choice..no choice..*







I broke into a million pieces that day..that afternoon..that night..

And nobody saw.

...










...

*But It Wasn't*
by: Cursed Child

It was magic.
It was ALL magic.
It had to be.

The paint wasnt chipping away and falling to the floor as ash-colored crumbs..
No.
It was an angel passing by our house..
Shaking the snow from his wings.

It wasnt bakingly warm and stifling within the thin creaking walls..
No.
It was a dragon gently breathing on our house..
Thinking it was one of its eggs.

The rainwater didnt drip down from the ceiling and make puddles on the floor..
No.
It was a princess locked up in our roof, peeking through the holes of our ceiling..
Her diamond tears falling through the cracks.

The fruits on our counter didnt fling across the room and splatter against the walls..
No.
It was a majestic Chinese celebration..
Where the rockets propelled to the air, and exploded in a thousand gorgeous colors.

The pitchers and vases didnt spray the air with water before crashing on the floor..
No.
It was a mermaid flipping her long wet tresses..
Spraying us with drops of water from the Caspian sea.

They werent shouting their heads off and screeching insults at each other..
No.
They were a pair of thundergods hurling bolts of lightning..
Competing to see who could make the earth shake, and the mortals tremble.

I didnt rush out of the house holding my tear-stained face, with the door slamming behind me..
No.
I had spread my wings and flew over forests, mountains, and oceans..
My feathers sparkling with water as they lightly grazed the ocean’s surface.

I didnt clamber up the vine-covered column in a desperate attempt to escape the horrid shouts and crashing glass..
No.
It was the west wind Zephyr, carrying me up a grassy hillside..
His gentle murmurs drowning out all other sounds.

I didnt shiver in the cold night air, as I held on to myself, sitting on top of the concrete wall..
No.
I was a leaf that trembled in the breeze..
Gently breaking away from the tree and drowning in the Night's warm embrace.

It was magic.
It was ALL magic.
It had to be.

But it wasnt.

...