Monday, October 4

Oct. 4 Mon.
"To the only person who showed me that a text message COULD be personal.." –Gsel

...

I slowly opened my eyes to the cool 2am air.

I patted my head, torso and legs..

Touched my face and hair..

Pinched my skin..

Ouch.

I was..

Still alive.

Alive.

I could not explain the feeling.

...

The day was soft and mildly sweet..

Texts whispering “happy birthdays� from the ones I loved most..

16.

I was 16.

I smiled at the thought.

...

Beija came to school early (which is a big deal, haha!) just to give me her gift..which turned out to be a pair of "purplish" *cough* PINK! *cough* shades. I couldnt help but laugh all morning assembly long.

My other classmates and friends gave me letters and gifts and hugs and kisses. Which..were very heartwarming on my part. Very. They had no idea..

That I wasnt actually expecting to wake up at all that morning.

That I thought id never get to see them again..never get to hear their voices and see their faces..feel their hugs..

But I was thankful that I did.

Very.

...

It was giselles birthday too, haha..she was younger than me for a couple of hours. And her bag of gifts were threatening to tip her over. I smiled..as I gazed upon her gift for me.

A letter.

I remembered I texted her early in the morning that day..a feeble attempt on giving a part of my heart in text.

"For holding my hand when I was sad..
For giving me a smile when I really needed it..
For sitting in my desk every morning of our grade six lives, waiting for me..
Im very thankful you were born sixteen years today.
Happy sweet sixteen, Giselle."

I smiled at the scribble on her letter:
"for the only person who showed me that a text message COULD be personal.."

But the first line made me pause.




I hardly thought I was an angel.

...

Lunchtime, a pleasant surprise greeted giselle..head on.

Her mom and older sister ate Cheska came up to her classroom and gave her a cake.

Not just a cake.

An extremely LARGE cake. As in.

The base layer was around 1foot in diameter and five inches thick. The second layer was slightly smaller, but had the same thickness. And there were little pucca heads around the cake, and a huge pucca head on the top. Boy, did Giselle love pucca..haha..and boy..did her family love her.

Hn. If Giselle ever thinks that she isnt special..im gonna give her a right good smack. *grin*

...

since we already had our fill of sweets and cake, we had to go around to share it..which proved very tiring, mind you. But it was fun.

I also had a pleasant surprise..from my classmates, hehe. After coming from the kitchen in THE, I was raising my eyebrow at the peculiar actions of my friends and classmates..it was as if..they were distracting me..

But I shrugged it off as I entered the classroom, clutching my apron and unfinished peanut brittle. Just then..

"SURPRISE!"

My eyes widened with shock.

"MALIGAYANG BATI..MALIGAYANG BATI! MALIGAAAAYAAAANG BATIIII!"

I caught a brief glimpse of the blackboard with the colorful words "Happy birthday Celine, we love you!" right before they pushed me onto a chair in front of the room. Then they gave me sixteen gifts..

I was so..

I dont know..touched.

Bianca gave me a bottle of her favorite cologne..
"Thats like..SO mabango, I promise!"

Camilla gave me a stressball..
"Ah, alam kong kailangan mo to!"

The others gave me chocolates and sweets..
"Yan, para tumaba ka!"

Some gave me letters..
"Mamaya mo na lang basahin.."

Popsy gave me a dreamcatcher..
"O yan..para may gud dreams ka.."

Kriska gave me an..ehe..assymetrical black top with ‘hot stuff!’ written across it..
"To our future supermodel!"

My berks gave me a black razorback top..
"Yan..pareho kayo ni Giselle!"

Nica gave me a box full of kikay stuff..
"Yan..para magpaka-babae ka!"

And..nica also gave me a card..a card containing signs and dedications from the guys I was partnered with during the soirees..
"O yan cel..kitam? Dami mong boylets!"

Ha. That one was amazing. Out of love..

...

I got to go home that day with a bag full of letters and gifts..

And a sweet smile playing on my lips.

Yes..you could die anytime..

It takes courage to live.

But..

*smiles*








It helps to know that there are people who love you.

...