Sunday, September 12

Sept. 12 Sun.
"Er..dammit, ONE BIG FIIIIGGGHHHTTT!!!" –me (very VERY girl mode)

Okay.

I hate the fact that Ateneo Blue Eagles lost to FEU by such a friggin longshot, dammit! I mean..cmon, what the heck is wrong?! They better train their brains out, coz the next game is against their arch rivals: Green Archers. And I aint gonna spend a whole month listening to my Lasalle fan friends boast about Ateneo’s loss!

...





...

He was jumping up and down and shouting for all he was worth. But nobody seemed to want to cheer anymore, since the score looked hopeless.

I knew it was hopeless.

But I stared at him, quite intrigued, I admit. I quietly studied the way his wavy jet black hair caressed his flawless marble skin, and how it softly fell into his slightly chinky dark brown eyes. My gaze traced the outline of his face; at how the sharp features of his nose, jaw, and cheeks were softened ever so slightly.

I almost pitied him as he tried his damn best to make the crowd cheer. But to no avail.

The grown ups were slumped in their chairs, and the girls were merely staring at him with goggly eyes, whispering and giggling to each other when he looked in their direction.

The look on his face was pure tragedy.

...

Was it pity?

Boredom?

Pure insanity?

I dont know.

But I did the unexpected. Pushing myself off my chair, I leapt up, paused a moment..

Before raising my fist into the air and shouting at the top of my lungs.

"ONE BIG FIIIIGGGGHHHHTTTT!!!"

...

I felt time stop dead in its tracks. For a fraction of a second, all stares were on me..a crazed girl in a white razorback, shouting and cheering for a lost cause. I saw my dads head swivel in my direction, and I knew he was about to grab me and pull me back down. But I didnt care.

I stood alone then. Alone as I always was. Against a sea of murderers, feebly fighting for a hopeless cause. I had acted according to my feelings, to my spontaneous flare of passion..hoping that if I showed just how much I wanted this, I would get it..
Slowly turning my eyes on this intriguing creature, I knew it. Deep inside my head and heart, I knew it.

...

It wasnt just the score that was hopeless.

...





...

But a few seconds later, the crowd leapt up on their feet, and started cheering and shouting too..encouraged by my bold move.

I blinked as I saw him flash me a grin.

..right before he resumed jumping up and down and shouting for all he was worth.

...

There is always hope..

Just not for me.

Thus is the fate of the Cursed Child.

Its over before it even started.

...




...

I smiled as the pounding of the drums echoed my soul..

Deep..

Resonating..

Captivating..

But hollow.

Empty.

...

Only traced with faint shadows of words..

"We stand on a hill..
Between the earth and sky.."

"Down from the hill..
Into the world go I.."

"Eyes are dry..
At the last goodbye.."

...