Sunday, August 15

Aug. 15 Sun.
“My hope
Dangles on a string,
Like slow-spinning redemption...� –Vindicated, Dashboard Confessionals

...

God’s agenda for today’s 5:30 pm mass:

Magparinig kay Celine Estrada.

Sunod-sunod,

Walang awa,

Walang takas.

Lantaran, pare.

...

How was I supposed to know?

I didn’t have the slightest idea that the Assumption of Mary actually symbolized hope...

Until the priest opened his mouth.

...

“So brothers and sisters...

God calls us to be like his handmaid Mary...

Obedient, faithful, sensitive,

Merciful, loving,

And ever hopeful...�

I sank into my chair.

Okay God...What’re you trying to say...

...

“Through her adversities, and sufferings,

trials, and heartaches...

She endured them all with loving patience and trust in God...

And in the end, it all paid off.

She was given the ultimate gift –

To be in the eternal presence of our Lord,

Body and soul.

Eternal happiness.�

...



...

And that was when I bowed my head,

and hardly noticed the big brown butterflies that zoomed past me,

slicing through the falling drops of my salty tears.

...




...

You want a miracle, God?

I’ll give you a miracle.

You’ll see.

And You’ll stand in awe.

For I will choose to love...

And with Your help –

*I’ll be the miracle.*

...