Friday, August 6

Aug. 6 Fri.
“I can’t run anymore, I fall before You
Here I am, I have nothing left
Though I’ve tried to forget, You’re all that I am
Take me home, I’m through fighting it –
Broken, lifeless,
I give up.
You’re my only strength,
Without You, I can’t go on,
Anymore,
Ever again.� –October, Evanescence

...

The day was nice.

It was soft, and mellow, and somewhat fluffy.

It felt like I was sinking into a warm mound of pillows.

I was smiling gently the whole day long.

Not an ounce of lingering sadness, not a tinge of dark envy.

Just love.

Perfect.

...

I failed to remember my brother’s philosophy:

*If its too good to be true, then it must not be true.*

...





...

I turned.

And saw...something unexpected.

A golden statue...

Majestic, and magnificent,

Reflecting all the glorious colors of the prism in its crystal silhouette,

Glimmering, shining,

Far brighter than the sun itself.

...Something I’d never be.

I froze in its presence.

I felt myself crumble, deteriorate, rot from the inside out.

In a fraction of a second, I burned into ashes.

Silky black filaments, feather-light and glossy –

Slowly lifted from Life’s hands for a moment or two...

Before being cruelly snatched away by the winds -

Mercilessly ground, pulverized into tiny fragments,

Ebonic dust...

Scattered across the endless wasteland of nothingness.

...




...

My vision blurred.

My breath caught in my throat.

Literally.

I never had asthma, but whatever I felt for those excruciating moments was a hell of a lot worse than anything I’ve ever felt before.

My chest burned.

My heart was pounding against my aching ribs with hollow beats.

I couldn’t breathe...and I’m not exaggerating. At all.

My lungs felt like...they were being filled up with some sort of fluid –

Water?

Blood?

Both?

I wouldn’t know...

My head reeled, and so did my body.

I never felt such dire need to breathe properly.

Close to tears, I ran.

Someone called out to me, but I could hardly hear.

A part of me...

Didn’t want to hear.

Didn’t want to feel.

Didn’t want to touch, to see, to be so damn close...

Not now...

Not when I finally got through a perfectly loving day...

Suddenly, unexpectedly...

I had to love some more.

*What am I supposed to do?*

...




...

I tripped.

And fell.

And shattered into a thousand pieces.

Again.

...

Stunned, I stayed down.

I NEVER wanted to get up.

Ever.

I couldn’t cry.

I couldn’t scream.

I just hugged my knees, and didn’t move.

*Leave me alone, Fate...you’ve hurt me enough...*

Not enough. No. Never enough.

Not enough pain.

Not enough despair.

Not enough...

Love.

Ne?

...




...

I sat at the end of the bus, still tingling all over with adrenalin, and the sensation of frying nerves.

I was still in shock.

And my lungs were still filled with fluid, making my every breath squeak ever so softly.

Then...

“There never seems to be,
because what I believe,
a moment I’m not trying...
To show them who I am,
why can’t they understand
The things that they’re denying?�

I sank into my seat.

Great...another one of Fate’s tricks.

I was gonna shatter again...

“So what should I do?
Just lay next to you,
As though I’m
Unaffected?
And who should I be?
If they’re judging me
As though I’m
Unaffected?�

I grit my teeth.

I wasn’t gonna give in.

I had to fight.

...

I lost.

...




...

“So what should I do?
I’m not unaffected...�

My eyes brimmed with the impending tears.

I was trembling...

“And who should I be?
I’m not unaffected...�

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

*WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?!

OH GOD...*

...




...

I clung to myself, frantically trying to keep the broken pieces together with shaking hands.

*This is...all I have...*

I felt a warm hand on my shoulder.

I cringed away from it.

He gently held me steady, and looked into my eyes.

And with a warm, comforting voice...

“Celine...

Do you love Me?�

...

It took an eternity for me to answer.

But with all confidence, I answered a brave:

“Yes.�

...

He asked still...

“What are you going to do..?�

I tilted my head up, and said:

“I choose to love. I always will.�

Silence.

My words lingered in the air.

Sweet...

But with a kiss of bitterness.

“Even though it means more pain for you? Why?�

...

I breathed deeply. I dropped everything.

I remembered something a saint said once.

“Because I can’t love You if I don’t love Your cross.�

...

He smiled.

Such a warm smile.

It gave me strength.

“Do you trust Me?�

“Yes.�

He gently held my hand.

“Then get up.�

...




...

I did.