Wednesday, July 21

Jul. 21 Wed.
“Oh, ate...pwede ba makatulog na lang ako ngayon, habang hug kita?� –me

...

I got killed.

Again.

But Ate Sop was there. She hugged me, and I wanted to melt right then and there. Fall asleep in her warm embrace...

I nearly broke into tears as I was hugging her.

But I didn’t, coz I never cry in school.

And coz...I was ashamed to cry in front of her. My idol.

I was scared. That she’d get hurt and leave me.

...

As I was leaning against the railing, I stared blankly straight forward at the overcast sky. As the wind whipped against my PE uniform and tangled hair, something dawned on me...like somebody was whispering to me, like a certain truth was injected into my head.

*If I glance upward, I’d see my answer.*

But I didn’t glance upward. Instead, I stepped up on the railing and bent over to see the people walking on the ground floor below. I saw Les walking with her busmates.

I shouted her name, but she didn’t hear me.

Just then, I turned my gaze on the people Les was walking to.

And there she was. Si Idol.

...

The person who was everything I ever wanted to be...

But I could never be.

...

Ang saya talaga nila.

Sinigaw ko pangalan nila, pero di nila ako narinig.

Nagtatawanan sila.

Andun lang ako, nakabitin na parang timang, naka-tulala lang habang naglalakad sila paalis, palayo sa akin...

Kinawayan ko na lang sila.

...

There was my answer.

They all leave.

*closes eyes*

...

But as the barkada whisked me away, I looked up at the windows above the railing where I was leaning.

My eyes widened a bit, as I saw...

...

A butterfly.