Monday, July 19

Jul. 19 Mon.
“I don’t get crushes. I either love, or...fall in love.� –me

The class still had a major hangover from the soiree. They were rambling and exclaiming on and on about the guys they had a crush on. And about who the guys had crushes on.

The girls the guys mostly fell for:
Aleli, Mafe, Jackie, Kriska.

The guys the girls mostly fell for:
Paul, Michael, Reekoi, Butch, Virgil.

I couldn’t believe it. We all just met! And now everybody’s got crushes? A lot of my classmates were jelous of me, coz Michael was texting me, and about what he said (that he felt really comfortable talking to me).

“Ano ba yan, wag kayong mainggit! Wala akong gusto sa kanya! Gusto nyo, sa inyo na lang siya!�

...

At dismissal time, my berks and I were seated on the Multi steps. As I listened to them congratulate me about my ‘accomplishment’ on meeting a lot of guys, I was grinning. But when they asked me who my crush was, I said “wala.� Jokingly, they just teased me, saying I shouldn’t be such a man-hater...and that they were sure that I had a crush on at least SOMEBODY from that soiree...maybe that guy I posed with, perhaps?

“Guys...I don’t get crushes. If the feeling is more than an aquaintance, I either love, or...fall in love.�

They fell silent, some of them thinking I was too deep and serious. But I was struck with what Anne said...

“Alam mo...hindi maganda yun. Masasawi ka lang.�

...

I smiled.

That was so true.