Wednesday, June 30

Jun. 30 Wed.
"Eto? ETO?! SIGNAL NUMBER ONE LANG 'TO?! PANO PA KAYA SIGNAL NUMBER TWO?!" -me

I love it when its all windy and rainy and freezing cold...

*looks out the window*

BUT NOT LIKE THIS!

I was ranting in the bus. Unfair! How come the elementary gets to stay home because of this weather? I mean, yeah, they're smaller...but a lot of us highschool students are small too! And...as I frantically tried to fix my hair, as it was whipped about in the wind, I wondered out loud...

"Damn...if this is signal number 1...PANO PA KAYA SIGNAL NUMBER 2?!"

My busmates Rosalyn and Fatima were even more irritated. I was laughing. Iba na talaga kung 1st year highschool.

...

I liked it when the wind came in cold, sharp gusts. My skin felt like it was being caressed by soft, freezing hands. But everytime the wind blew and howled, I'd only think of who's responsible...

Beija. Wind's gal.

Heh, funny. When rain poured down in sheets, she'd think of me as the one responsible too, haha.

...

Classes were suspended, thank God. But they couldn't have picked a worse time. It was lunch, and I was already dressed in my PE uniform (shorts!), and my mind was prepped for a geometry quiz. I ended up leaning against a wall, the cold wind freezing my legs, my mind pounding with what I reviewed, and my stomach grumbling... I forgot my money, and hadn't eaten lunch yet...

My berks and I hung around for a while, before proceeding to the multi. They all went their ways, but I stood amidst the busses, looking for mine. That's when...the WB gang showed up. Te Joanne, the two Beas, Vamp, Camille, and I were standing there, in the clearing, laughing about stuff, and cheering at the howling wind every once in a while. At some point, the wind came in so strong, I had to hang on to a car for dear life. *Man...I really gotta get some pounds packed into me...*

...

A embraced a little girl that afternoon... I held her cuts and scars, and I tried to heal her... I didn't know if it would work, so I just prayed that God may help her with whatever she's going through. I embraced her, even though she claimed she had no morals, and was nothing more than a cold, undead creature.

Why bother?

Coz I can feel that she has so much in store for her in the future...she was meant to do many things, meant to have a beautiful life...meant to LIVE.

...she hugged me back.

I was stunned.

I felt Hope. He was surrounding her. And she probably thinks she has none. Ah, but I knew...and I hope I can show her just how fortunate she is. I hope I can make her SEE hope.

I hugged her tighter and smiled.

...

She was talking. She was right beside me, and I just listened to her. I wanted to close my eyes and fall asleep to the sound of her voice. But somehow, I felt like...she's trailing off...

Its weird...

How short is one inch? Really short. If you would measure a hi-way inch by inch, it would take something like an eternity, right?

...

I could feel it...

She was inching away from me.

She was right next to me, but I knew...

...

She was already at the other end of the hi-way.