Friday, June 25

Jun. 25 Fri.
"This...this is a loop, isn't it?" -me

This day was hilarious.

At breaktimes, me and my berks were clutching our stomachs, aching all over with uncontrollable manic laughter. Myka was at it again. She was trying to show us what kind of poses the club moderators would make if they were to endorse their clubs. Here are some that really got me rolling on the floor. Can you guess what the moderators/clubs are?

A guy holding a metal bowl by his side with one arm, and the other clutching a spatula, stirring. The hands were purposely made obvious. Oh yeah. Geometric shaped pies are good. Mmmmm... _a_ _n_ w_t_ A_t (club)

A guy in mid-split jump across the court, a hand clutching a basketball, about to dunk it into the basket, with his tongue stuck out (like in NBA). You know what they say: It's always the quiet ones... S_r _ y (moderator)

An sweet old lady, captured in a photo in mid-skip, a great big smile that squints her eyes, with arms reaching for the sky, the Eiffel Tower in the background. If God is love, would He have to speak that language too? _re_ _h (club)

A person up in a balcony, dramatically reaching down to another person who is climbing the side of the house, arms dramatically reaching upward. Theatrical words are practically shouted to the audience. Portrayal of Romeo and Juliet was never better - or louder, for that matter. Problem is...who's Romeo, and who's Juliet? M_ F_a_ci_ _o & S_r _i_ ce (moderators)

A guy with arms spread wide open, nailed to a cross. Hm...its pretty much self-explanatory... _M_A (club)

Needless to say, we were all psyched up for the club selling.

...

During the club selling, people were flocking to the front, to get a better view. I was pretty much left alone on a bench, coz I didn't feel like listening. A few benches behind me, a certain sado-masochistic psycho was at it again...

I pointed a finger at her. She eventually lowered the yellow booklet she was reading, and saw me. Ah, but she kept on reading anyway. *Ganyanan na pala, ah...sige, parehas lang tayong masokista.* In attempt to make her stop hurting herself, I picked out a signpen from my pocket, popped the cap off, made sure she saw it, and slowly dug the point into my wrist.

...

I had my eyes closed then...and I hardly noticed. I was relishing the pain. I didn't know how long I stayed that way, or just how embedded the point was into my skin. But then, I heard a pound on a table, and scruffled noises...before she rushed to my side and snatched the pen away. I sank back into my seat.

*Si Beija talaga!*

And so it went. The battle of the masochists. She was reading a very dangerous book, and I had a pen dug into my wrist. She snatched the pen away, but I took out more pens from my pocket. She slapped her hand to her forhead, and got an idea.

"You've got pens, but I got a knife!"

Damn. I forgot about that. Shoot, I shoulda brought my good 'ol Wilcor... But I had the winner. All I had to do was let my hair fall into my face, close my eyes, and slowly smile. The ultimate pain.

...

She sat beside me. We had a couple of laughs, along with Issa and Pia.

At some point, we hugged Issa.

At some point, Beija hugged me.

At some point, "Bring Me To Life" was blaring on the speakers, and I was slumped over on the table, resting my head on my folded arms. Beija put her arm around me and stroked my hair.

At some point, I winced at the slight pressure on my wrist, and showed the wound made by the pen earlier. It was red and swollen, a single dot of bloody ink in the middle...it was like a bite from a 1-toothed vampire.

At some point, Beija held my wounded wrist, closed her eyes, and wouldn't let go...

...

And at some point, I felt weird. Like...a second heart was beating along with my own. It felt strange...like my body was made out of knotted wires, and they were being straightened out.

At some point, Beija was slightly doubling over, and coughing.

At some point, I was frantically wrenching my wrist from her grip. Damn...she was stealing my pain. No, actually, she was giving her energy to me...

She knew Reiki.

...

I grabbed her wrist with my hand, and clung on tight. I closed my eyes, and focused my energy into small imaginary strings that escaped through my fingers, which embedded into her skin. I absorbed as much pain as I could from her, and replaced it with positive energy.

I didn't know Reiki, but I had my ways.

When she realized what I was doing, she pulled away too...and tried to make a grab for my wrist to take back the pain. I pulled my hands out of her reach, and grabbed her hands again.

And so it went. The battle of the two sisters.

Pia and Issa only stared curiously, as we spent the rest of the club selling time wrestling with each other, trying to steal each other's pain.

...

At some point, we ended up...kinda stuck.

We stopped struggling, looked down at our arms and hands, and just stared. We had our hands crossed over, and clutching each other's wrists. A figure 8.

"This...this is a loop, isn't it..?"

...

Damn loops. So, that's what it looked like in real life.