Thursday, June 24

Jun. 24
"You were right, sis...this day wasn't so bad." -me

I didn't like Thursdays. They were always so damn long and boring.

But my sister told me...that it wasn't gonna be so bad...

...

English period...with Sir Eric...

...Has got to be the weirdest period ever.

And this one...was just plain special.

...

Sir gave us an assignment. He told us to write descriptive words or phrases for the following: Nose, mouth, eyes, posture, gait. I was too lazy to take it seriously, so I did the assignment lying down on a bed the night before.

He asked a couple of my classmates to share. They gave descriptions like: Such a big nose, a mouth so big an apple could fit in it, large eyes...etc. We all enjoyed hearing those. I was laughing my head off. But since he didn't call on me yet, I chose to volunteer. *I wasn't gonna let his period pass without me getting at least a tiny grade for recitation.*

"Sir, may I share my work?"
"Please do."
"Thanks. This one is about...the mouth."

...

"Her pale-rose lips were always pressed lightly against each other, gently holding back a thousand gentle secrets of her mysterious soul."

...

I looked up at him, expecting him to think it was pathetic...like my dad and brother. He was just staring at me, slightly gaping. His eyes were wide, and his mouth was twitching into a smile. He stuttered.

"That...that...that was... Everybody! Everybody listen to what Celine wrote! Could you please repeat that?"

I did. He was all smiles. The whole class was staring at me, lost for words. A few "Oh my God...ang galing...ang ganda..." drifted around, and I raised my eyebrow.

*It's no big deal, really...*

As I sat down, Sir was still staring at me. When he finally found his voice, he asked...

Sir Eric: "Do you write a lot?"
Me: "Uh...yes, sir, I do." *smiles*
Sir Eric: *smiles* "Yes, I can see that now... Very good, Celine!" *turns to class* "Don't you think so? Let's give her a big round of applause!"
Class: *claps*
Me: *sinks into my chair*
Sir Eric: *looks at me* "That was...very beautiful, Celine! Excellent! Magnificent!" *turns to class again* "Class, give me more adjectives to describe what she wrote!"
Everybody: "Marvelous! Incredible! Amazing!"
Me: *eyes widen* *whimpers* "Tama na!"

...

Heck...if I had known my work would actually be appreciated outside my household...I would have given them copies of my works. And as for Sir Eric...

I should have shown him my WHOLE assignment:

...

NOSE: He had a long, hooked nose with a slope that resembled a tall, majestic mountainside; on which tiny beads of sweat would slowly roll down on warm days.

MOUTH: Her pale-rose lips were always pressed lightly against each other, holding back a thousand gentle secrets of her mysterious soul.

EYES:
a) Her eyes were empty. They were cold and dark, like ebonic whirlpools that threatened to pull in and drown anyone who would dare look into her dark brown orbs. And for those who were foolish enough to dare...they were drowned in her hollow gaze, as the compelling mystery behind her eyes stole their souls.
b) Her eyes would always be red and swollen from crying...like majestic twin suns setting across the horizon. And the tears that brimmed her eyes sparkled like drops of liquid diamonds.

POSTURE: She was tall and slender, with long legs and toned arms. Her shoulders were hunched over slightly, which made her long ebony hair cascade over her face. She would walk around, stooping over, with her head bowed...as if she was reading an endless intruiging story written upon the floor.

GAIT: He was tall, with toned muscles rippling through his body. He would stay slick and unflinching as the wind caressed the soft black fabric that clung loosely on his pale skin. With all his features, he resembled an ebony sword with an ivory hilt. And as he sliced his way across the crowd, they would all make way for him - their wary eyes never leaving him, their mouths slightly open in pure awe... For he walked with such a gait that it was as if the gods themselves bowed down before him and engraved his footsteps upon the earth.

...

At the end of the day, even if I didn't see my sis the whole day because she had a doctor's appointment...

She was right.

This day wasn't so bad...*smiles*