Sunday, June 20

Jun. 20 Sun.
"Can you see me, Jesus? Coz I sure as hell can't see You..." -me

We attended mass at 9am.

My dad was doing the 1st reading, so I was left by myself on a pew.

...

It's weird when you're down and despairing, and all by your lonesome on a bench in a small chapel that has a monotonous priest who gives a boring homily...

Magpaparinig si Lord.

...

*Gunita ko'y Ikaw
Habang nahihimlay
Pagka't ang tulong Mo'y
Sa tuwina'y taglay.

Sa lilim ng Iyong mga pakpak...
Umaawit akong
Buong galak...*

...

*In my heart
I know my savior reigns...

I can hear Him
Calling tenderly my name...*

...

I couldn't sustain my smile.

For a moment, I felt pathetic at the thought that mass songs were making me teary-eyed.

But it was just a moment.

...

I gently placed my hand over my heart.

I gritted my teeth and closed my eyes.

I found it difficult to accept the thought that He still cared for such a creature as me.

I found it much harder to accept the thought that I was loved by Him...still loved by Him.

...

I looked up at the chapel's cross.

It showed not a crucified Christ, but a risen Christ...

With arms wide open.

...

"Can you see me, Jesus?

Coz I sure I sure as hell can't see You..."

And yet...

...

He holds my hand still.