Wednesday, June 16

Jun. 16 Wed.
"Sinasaktan mo lang sarili mo..." -Anne

A couple more hilarious stuff...

Ms. Grace: "I'm sorry to announce that for this year...there will be no math exemptions."
(pause)
Marge: "WHAAATT?!?!"
Us: *looks at her*
Anne Marie: "OH NOOOOOOO!!!"
(pause)
Us: *laughing our heads off* "So, feeling nyo naman ma-eexempt kayo!"
Marge&AnneMarie: "Miss!! It's like...so unfair!" *laughs*

Kricel: "Hmm...I like basketball... And I like..." *thinks deeply* "I like you."
Teacher: *raises eyebrow*
Us: *rolls on floor, laughing*

Victoria: "True or false? I have a little brother."
Us: *thinks*
Popsy: *shouts* "FAAAALLLSSEEE!!!"
Us: *looks at her*
Victoria: *nods* "Tama."
Us: "Aba...ang galing naman ni Popsy..."
Popsy: *flips her hair* "Alam mo naman!" (really fast, really deep voice) "Wala namankasisiyangkapatidnalalake,diba?"
Us: *laughs*

Ms. Grace: "I advice you not to wear anything..." *thinks for proper word* "Anything precious..." *pause*
Somebody: *low, raspy voice* "Preciousssssss...."
Ms. Grace: *blinks*
Us: *laughs our heads off*

...

Later that day...

We - my berks and I - were at the multi, with the sun beating down hard on us. It was frying my skin, but I didn't mind.

I was seated on the baking stone steps, leaning on my hand. I didn't care if the heat was boiling my brain...

I was talking to her.

We were both laughing, and enjoying each other's company. I see her everyday, but I miss her. I drank up all her words, and every single detail. Soon, there were no sounds. Just me wanting to embrace her and fall asleep.

But then, she finally had to go. We bid each other goodbye. With a smile on my face, and my hair a hopeless mess, I retreated into the shadows. I crawled next to Anne, as she was affixated on reading a book.

I just sat there beside her.

And without taking her eyes off the book she was reading, Anne asked me in a low voice...

Anne: "Bakit mo kinakausap?"
Me: "Ah...it's nothing, we're just talking as friends."

...

I stared blankly.

Just friends...?

Maybe for my part, I was hoping...for something more than just friends...

...





...

"Celine...sinasaktan mo lang sarili mo..."

...






...

*Well, I ain't called a masochist for nothing...*

...

I smiled.