Sunday, June 13

Jun. 13 Sun.
"I wanna hold you high
And steal your pain..." -Broken

...

WARNING: IF YOU ARE HAPPY AND WANT TO STAY HAPPY, DO NOT READ THIS ENTRY. I MEAN IT.

A poem I made...in one sitting. It started out as prose, but I guessed it would be better as a poem. It's kinda long... But hey, its based on fact.

*I am Death.*

...

*The Girl In The Mirror*
by thecursedchild

I looked up.
And I saw her.

She was beautiful.

She had her fingers dug deep into her dark hair.

The veins in her wrist and hands were showing,
She was gripping her head so tightly...
The tips of her fingers were white from the pressure.

She was gasping
And sobbing
Ever so softly.
Her lips were pale and trembling slightly.

Her eyes...
They were red and swollen
Like twin sunsets.
Tears were slowly streaming down her face,
Like the autumn rain.

I was immobilized by this creature
Whose gaze burned into my own.

She was looking at me.
Staring...
Pleading
Begging...

"Make...

it...

stop...

...

please..."

She whispered-
Her voice was soft and raspy.

She looked so abused...
So hurt
So sad
So stolen
So very desperate...

To be free of the pain.

With a strangled cry,
She bowed her head.
Her hair cascaded down
And formed a dark veil-
Hiding her beauty from the world.

...

I reached out to her.
I wanted to help her,
To save her.

To wrap my arms around her
And hold her tight...
So tight, all her pain would be squeezed out
And transfer to me.

I wanted to steal her pain...
And make them mine...
All mine.

She deserved none of it.

She was hurting herself-
A thin trail of blood
Was already dripping down her head.

She slowly lowered her hands,
Softly sobbing
At the sight
Of bright red blood-
Staining her fingernails.

She slowly wrapped her arms
Around herself...

An empty embrace.

...

I cursed.

I trembled in rage.

I hated the world,
And wanted to butcher it.

The world had killed her-
Slaughtered her
Tortured,
Taunted,
Scorned and mocked her.
It had used her
And abused her...
It had ripped apart
Her dreams,
Her soul,
Her heart...
And stolen every bit of her.

It drove her to this-
To think that she was worthless,
Pathetic,
Ugly,
Weak
And stupid-
An insignificant nothing.

...

Fools.

Bastards!

Such blind,
Flavorless,
Faceless,
Incompetent souls!

They were the ones who made her wear a mask!

Do they not hear her cries?
Do they not feel her pain?
Do they not see...?

If they only saw her
Through my eyes...

Gaeia's equal in exquisite beauty-
With the unique blend
Of her light and dark,
Her good and bad,
Her sweet and bitter,
Her earth and sky,
Her own heaven and hell...
In her soul,
Her mind,
Her heart...
Her whole being.

Spring's rival in joy-
With her amusingly shallow
And simple happiness...
Her starburst wishes,
Her tinkling laughter,
And rainbow-coated
Dreams.

Summer's rival in passion-
With her brick-red anger
And her deep-gold love...
Caressed by her searing,
White-hot, crimson
Pains.

Autumn's rival in mystery-
With her uncertainties,
Insecurities,
And muffled cries...
With her tears
That rain down from the sky...
Her deep secrets,
And dark brown
Fears.

Winter's rival in silence-
With her cold words,
And numbed soul.
Her frozen heart
That melts at Love's gentle touch,
And also shatters to pieces
In Love's merciless grip.
With her wandering mind,
And the look in her eyes
As she gets lost in her
Silent, contemplative, ivory
Thoughts.

...

She had given everything-
All she had...
Just to live,
To love,
And to be loved in return.

To be noticed-
To be seen,
Felt,
Sensed,
And finally be saved.

She gave up all of herself,
Her beautiful self,
To the unforgiving world.
She sold her soul,
And gave away her heart...

But to no avail.

She was given nothing but pain.
Pointless,
Incessant,
Unbearable,
Excruciating pain...
And she could not escape.

For she was bound by the shackles of Love.

The world hated her.

And yet...
She still loved the world.
And the merciless,
Ignorant ingrates
That thrive in it.

...

She was a fallen angel.

A mortal goddess.

Tragedy's muse.

...

And now,
She had taken off her mask-
She let it fall
And shatter on the floor.
At last,
At long last...
She didn't want to hide anymore.

...But nobody was here to see her.

I wanted to take her in my embrace.
To cradle her tenderly
In my arms...
To gently run my fingers
Through her hair
And whisper soft,
Soothing words in her ear.

I wanted to wipe away her blood,
And kiss away her tears.
She would jump-
Crash and burn-
Die...

And unlike the bastards who were supposed to love her,
But tortured and killed her instead...

I would be there for her.
She would jump-
And I'd catch her in mid-air.
She would crash-
And I'd pick up the pieces,
And put them back together.
She would burn-
And I'd douse the flames.

She would die...
And I would bring her back to life.

I would save her,
Love her...

Breathe life into her...

...

Impossible, I knew.

But I would defy anything...
Everything...
For her.

...

Why?

Because she was the only one...
Who saw me.
Who looked at me with sympathy,
Appreciation,
Respect-
Not fear.

She loved me.

...

Who am I?

I am Death.

...

Who is she...?







...

She is the girl in the mirror.