Saturday, May 22

May 22 Sat.
"If you really love her...you'll let her be happy...you'll let her go..." -Fairy Godmother, Shrek

I had a lot of dreams...in a span of 2 hours. They were just fragments...

But the most significant was the last... I was moving - either walking or driving - along the side of a valley. There was a village on the valley, and a few houses on the hill beside it. Right above it all was a huge rainbow, forming an arch across from the road to the other side. The rainbow was gorgeous...bright and looked almost solid. When I reached past it, I saw that it was made out of stained glass, and the sun was shining behind it.

I woke up quite confused. I told my dad about it, and he said it was a very good sign. My dad knew that I've always had very symbolic dreams, even when I was a kid. And they almost always seem to signify a certain truth in the past, present, or future.

Me: "So dad...anong ibig sabihin nun?"
Dad: "Hmm...ano ba ang ibig sabihin ng rainbow sa bible?"
Me: "Er... God's promise to Noah?"
Dad: "Exactly."
Me: "Ah..." *scratches head* "Anong promise? That things will get better?"
Dad: "That's...possible. Basta good sign siya."
Me: "Pero dad...stained glass siya, eh. Baka fake lang."
Dad: "Not necessarily. The stained glass might signify craftmanship or hardwork."
Me: "Erm...okay..."
(silence)
Me: "Does it also signify hope, dad?"
Dad: "Oo...tama. Siyempre hope. Promise of God na may hope."
Me: *laughs my head off*

Hope huh? Right.

I know a rainbow is supposed to be a good sign. I mean...everybody likes rainbows. They signify hope, beauty, and rest from strife. Like in the songs: "Through the rain" and they lyrics: "There's a rainbow always after the rain..." No matter how harsh the storm, people will always wait for the rainbow that softly forms over the damaged area.

Like a giant geo-band-aid.

...

But... I'm not really sure. That was because back in 3rd grade, I was in our car, on my way to my lola's place. And as we were driving down a highway, I looked up through my window and saw...a rainbow. Take note. Not your typical arch rainbow that you see over yonder. Nope. It was DIRECTLY OVERHEAD. A broad ring of color - A COMPLETE CIRCLE - right above. And the sun was in the middle of it. Now...I was stunned then. I mean... It's a fact that rainbows aren't really arches, they're circular. But its IMPOSSIBLE to see a completely circular rainbow. It's scientifically impossible, because the light from the sun needs a certain angle to be able to be refracted by the water droplets in the atmosphere. That's why you can't see a rainbow in the middle of the day (at noon), because the sun is directly overhead.

But it was noon, and there was a rainbow! And the sun was right in the middle of it! I felt so...blessed...to have seen such a rare phenomenon. I took it as some sort of sign...that my luck and life would get better. Ah...but it was the EXACT OPPOSITE. From that day on...my life got a lot more miserable.

That's why I'm having second thoughts about that dream.

...

Anyway, Kuya Dad and I went to Glorietta that afternoon. We watched Shrek 2, and there's just one thing I can say about that movie.

IT HAS GOT TO BE ONE OF THE MOST HILARIOUS MOVIES EVER!!!

Oh my GOD! The first five minutes, and we were laughing our heads off! As in! Oh man...I was doubling over, shaking uncontrollably with laughter right beside my dad and bro, and they didn't mind! Why? That's coz they found the movie just as funny as I did!

Oh, no. I'm not gonna give any spoilers. But I'll tell you this: You will die laughing!

Gingerbread Man has got to be the most sadistic piece of pastry ever!

I'm all for Puss in Boots! He's a genius!!!

Hahaha! Watch it! And try to pinpoint the many movies they incorporated in it. That is...if you can still breathe, hahaha!

Icequeen out.