Saturday, April 10

Apr. 10 Sat.
"Lord, pinagtutulungan ako ng dalawang angel o!" -me

Saturday morning. We had loads of laughs at the breakfast table, thanks to my kuya's uncanny impersonation of his college prof. I started to think it was so unnatural that we were getting along this much.

Well...at around 11am, things got back to normal.

He killed me! Yay! An 8.5, I'd say...or a 9!

Why? Coz of such a little thing. He wanted me to go to the parlor with him to get a manecure-pedicure, and I didn't want to go, coz I just opened YM, and ate Sop was just introduced me to ate Frances. He left, leaving my nerves frazzled with shock, and teetering on the brink of sleep. Fate...damn it, he intervened again. Ate Sop wouldn't even let me TRY, and ate Frances...well...pretty much interrogated me. I was so embarrassed with ate Frances, coz the first impression I gave her was that of a pathetic 15-year old kid who was rude enough to DC 2mins after getting introduced, then turning out to be a shallow, suicidal freak. Well...she didn't think so.

Wow...it was unbelievable. She was saving me...and we haven't even known each other for more than an hour. She ended up wanting to track down kuya and my dad to "know her enemy". I agreed with ate Sop. She was like a member of the Angel Mafia, or something. Cool. She tackled it just the way I used to...ask direct questions, but not too harsh or cold. Pity I had to DC, though, coz I thought kuya and dad were on thier way home.

Salamat, ate Frances. You saved me. You probably have no idea how much that 1 hour chatting with you has helped. *smiles*

I fell asleep. It was warm as the 3rd stage of hell, but I tucked myself up to my neck under the covers. I had my shades on. I hugged Ally tight. And the last thing I remembered was the faint squishy sound Ally made when I nudged my head, coz he was soaked...

"Celine, gising na."

I opened my eyes. I looked up to this creature who dared wake me from my deep slumber...

Funny. The person who drove me to sleep was the one who woke me up.

Lunch:
Dad: "O, Celine, nakatulog ka?"
Me: "Opo dad." (pause) (stares blankly) "Ang lalim nga ng pagtulog ko, eh..."
Dad: "Talaga? Buti naka-ahon ka!" (laughs)
Kuya: (laughs)
Dad&Kuya: (looks at me)
Me: (poker-face) (stares blankly) (slowly smiles)
(silence)
Me: "Eh...nangako ako, eh." (closes eyes) (smiles)

Kuya apologized. He said he only wanted me to learn how to maintain the little things, then move on to the bigger things in my life. I ended up goin to the salon with him, and get that damned manecure-pedicure. I also ended up with a bleeding toe, coz of the carelessness of the one who cut them. It was ok. The pain was a rush. And the fact that she kept pouring alcohol on it, made me laugh. It freaked her out.

Lady: (cutting my nails) "Ay! Ay, masakit ba?!"
Me: (eye twitches) "Hm...hindi naman, po. Bakit?"
Lady: "Eh kasi, dumudugo na, eh!"
Me: "Talaga?! Ah...okey lang po yan, sanay na ko."
Lady: (pours alcohol over the wound) "Mahapdi ba?"
Me: "Hm...Hindi naman." (laughs)
Lady: (freaked out stare)

I had to stop the bleeding, though. Ate Sop commanded so. And so I tried. I pressed a wad of cotton against it. Didn't work. I pressed my finger against it. Nope. I tried other various things, but still...it bled. Profusely.

I stared at it. I watched the bright crimson blood slowly trickle out of the tiny wound. The blood stained my sandals. There was just...so much blood...and it just...wouldn't stop bleeding...

Presto. An omen.