Wednesday, April 7

Apr. 7 Wed.
"You look...pretty when you cry..." -dude

I woke up this morning and...found it really hard to open my eyes. Physically. Why? They got swollen last night due to severe loss of protein, hehe...

I looked in the mirror, and hardly recognized myself.

*Holy crap...my eyes got all...chinky!*

So this is what I get for crying. I told you I hated it. I trained myself not to, ever since I was 9. It takes the world to make me shed a single emotional tear. And the fact that I DID cry...you can imagine the reasons why...

I trudged downstairs for breakfast with my dad and bro. I sat down, still groggy, and led the prayers. As I was reaching for the rice, I noticed that dad and kuya were not moving. They were...

Staring at me.

*Oh no...I forgot to put on my friggin shades!!!*

I rubbed my eyes and pretended to yawn. I made them think that I just didn't get enough sleep. Well, at least they bought it...

Kuya: "O, anung nangyari sa mata mo?!"
Me: "Ah, eh...di ako makatulog kagabi, eh..."
Dad: *raises eyebrow* "Talaga lang..." *takes a closer look* "O baka...nagii-iyak ka?!"
Me: "Hindi po..."
Dad: "Anong hinde?! Umiyak ka, eh!"
Me: *monotone* "Hindi ako umiiyak."
(silence)
Me: "Bakit, pangit ung itsura ng mga mata ko, noh?"
Kuya: "Actually...ang ganda nga, eh."
Me: (chokes on food) "Ack...ANO?!"
Dad: "Oo nga, ano..."
Dad&Kuya: (stares at me)
Me: "WHA...WHAT THE HECK..?"
Kuya: "Parang nag-brighten ung face mo..."
Dad: "Di na parang dati na monotonous poker-face, haha!"
Kuya: "Mukha kang babae from a Byzantine painting. Ang ganda."
Me: (eyes widen) (lowers gaze) (reminisces...)

At the mall, Kuya didn't allow me to wear my shades. I wore a semi-gothic outfit to compensate. Funny, everybody kept staring at my face - usually they just look at my almost abnormally-long legs. I just stared back. We watched the movie The Passion of the Christ. Even more people stared. But hey, I can't blame them. I mean, its not everyday you see a 5'9 girl wearing a black razor top, stretch jeans, silver cross necklace, and a silver upper arm slave bracelet walk into a cinema premiering a religous movie. But I still wondered out loud.

Me: (to Kuya) "Why are they staring at my face? Ganon ba ako ka-pangit?"
Kuya: "NO! Like I said kaninang umaga, its coz of your eyes."
Me: "What about them?!"
Kuya: "Di ko alam kung anong ginawa mo jan sa mga mata mo, pero for some reason...they look pretty..."
Me: (pause) "Well, take a picture. You'll never see me like this ever again..." (reminisces...)

...

Once upon a forgotten time, I always thought he was just joking...