Thursday, April 29

Apr. 29 Thurs.
"You can't lose something you never had!" -How to lose a guy in 10 days

Sleepover! Wahoooooo!!! Finally, we got to see Beija back from the States!

I picked up ate Sop and te Lalaine, and we had a couple of laughs and chit chat in the car. When we finally got to Beija's house, we just stood there outside, waiting for someone to open the gate...haha, I could tell: We were all fighting the insane urge to scale her gate, bust down the front door, and scream like lunatics: "We want Beija NOW!!!"

But instead, we just muttered: "Tao po...naghahanap lang po kami ng matutuluyan..." And I shouted: "NAMAMASKO PO!" Haha, that sent us all laughing. Once inside, we just stood there on the porch, awkward as hell. Even more awkward, was when Beija came out and greeted us. Ngek! Na-torpe kaming lahat!

Beija: "Hiya, guys."
Us: "Heya." *awkward wave* *fidgeting, twitching*
(awkward pause)
Beija: *dives for te Lalaine and gives her a noogie*
Me: *laughing my head off*
Te Sop: *chuckles*
(awkward pause)
Me: *walks up to Beija and te Sop* "Ten ten-tenen...Ten TEN-tenen..." (here comes the bride tone)
Them: "SIRA!"

Once inside, we went straight up to Beija's room. Kaiser was being a sweetie to us...well, except me, of course.

Kaiser: *approaches us*
Ate sop: *pats him on the head*
Kaiser: *snuggles up to Ate Sop*
Us: "Aww, that's cute!"
Kaiser: *approaches ate Lalaine*
Te Lalaine: *runs away* "Aahhh!"
Us: *laughing*
Beija: "Aw, he likes you, Lalaine!"
Kaiser: *approaches me* *growls*
Me: *narrows eyes* *reaches out to him*
Kaiser: *whimpers* *scuttles away*
Me: *blinks* "Well...at least he remembers me."

We had a few icebreaker questions up in Beija's room, and heard a lot of stories from Ate Lalaine. There was one about the medical exam of a university, and what they make you do...

Te Lalaine: "Tapos sabi niya samin: O, magtanggal na kayo ng damit...huwag na kayong mahiya, hindi dapat ikinahihiya ang ating mga katawan..."
Us: *laughing*
Te Lalaine: "Gusto ko sanang sabihin sa kanya: Eh, ikaw kaya mauna, noh? Sige nga, maghubad ka jan."
Us: *laughing*
Me: *childish voice* "Sabay tayo!"
Them: *eyes widen* "Oh my God Celine! Yaaakkkk!!!" *rolls on floor laughing*
Me: *blink* "Holy! San nanggaling yon?!?!"

After dinner (porkchops! I think...), we had the movie marathon: Te Sop and Te Lalaine were on the floor most of the time, and Beija and I were slumped on the couch. "My Sassy Girl" was nice and the ending was kewl. I couldn't stop twitching...the movie only showed how much of a total sadistic jerk Fate was. "The Italian Job" was straight up astigin! I mean da-mn! Haha, made me want to grow up and be a professional thief myself! Then I could live happily ever after with my used lockpicks and gold bullions. Nerds rock! "How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days" was...well...romantic. But funny! It showed the wonders of the card game Bullshit, and the sadistically genius powers women have over men! Oh yeah, girl power! Ah, but of course...love wins in the end. *pout* But I was consoled with "Kill Bill", with all the blood and guts spraying around, cold metal blades slicing through...ah...I'll spare you guys the gore galore, for your sake. You'll only enjoy the movie if you're a psychotic genucidal sado-masochistic maniac. We enjoyed it. (especially our alter egos.)

Er...if there were other movies after that, I probably wasn't really paying much attention. One reason, I was slumped on the armrest, gritting my teeth at some of the scenes and lines in the movies. Examples:

"Is that the best you can do? C'mon...you can beg better than that."
"Even if you kill yourself...she'll move on...she'll eventually get over you, and find another."
"You can't lose something you never had!"

Second reason: We were nibbling on some nuts and dried fruits (dried strawberries are heaven, pare!), and I popped too many wasabe nuts in my mouth.

Me: "What are those green things...? Ah! Wasabi!" *pops one in my mouth*
Them: "Celine! Maanghang yan!"
Me: *blinks* "Hm...weak. Wala naman to, eh...its not even spicy!"
Te Lalaine: "Anong hindi?!"
Me: "Look, I can even do 6!" *pops one after the other in my mouth* "One... two... three...four, five, six!" *fails to quickly chew and swallow* *eyes widen* "Mmmphhhh!!!"
Them: *manic laughter*
Te Sop: *whacks my leg* "Sira ka kasi, eh!"
Beija: "Masochist!"

At dawn, we decided to turn in. We slept at Beija's guest room...which, come to think of it, was almost like a hotel room. Queen-size bed, lamp, aircon, bathroom, sink, table and chairs, refrigirator, and a microwave. Heck, you could lock us in there with supplies for a month, and we'd live! Haha, kinda made me think of college...what if...all four of us lived in one condo unit? Good Lord...mercy on the neighbors! Te Sop and Beija took the bed, and Te Lalaine and I crashed on the matresses on the floor. After rolling on Te Lalaine over and over(literally!), Beija decided to turn in. Te Sop and Te Lalaine followed suit. I, on the other hand, slumped on the reclinable couch on Beija's bedside.
I just sat there...thinking. Until Sleep's warm touch soothed my writhing heart, and gently kissed my aching eyes. Ah Sleep...Death's brother...both could tear Pain away from me, and grant me peace. As I sank deeper into Sleep's embrace, I could feel...This was the moment. I wasn't going to wake up... My Reasons were happy, the world was peaceful, and she...she was in love... *I couldn't ask for anything more.* I felt my grip loosen around my cellphone. I felt my breath slowly escape my lips. *Comatose...here I come.*

*Thud.*

A warm hand fell on mine. I slowly blinked open my eyes, and turned to my side. Beija. The saint. She held my shoulder for some time, then told me to go to bed. Ate Sop was awake, too...*damn...I couldn't even die without disturbing them.* I was wondering why Beija wouldn't let go of me, or turn away...*Did I have something on my face?* I did. Tears.

...

I wiped them away, before the cranked-up aircon froze them into icicles. I lay in bed for some time, and pretended to be asleep. I was freezing, man! Sure, I liked it, but I wondered what they would feel. Ate Lalaine already wrapped herself in her blanket, and was curled up. *Aww...* And as for the Angel and the Saint...well, they had a lot of blankets, alright...all of which were bunched up at their feet. I hugged Ally, and took my own blanket, spread it out, and...tried...to cover Te Sop and Beija, as they were sleeping. Not an easy task. No problem with Te Sop, but Beija...she was twitching all the while...slightly tossing...as if she knew her sis was up to something, hehe. I move the blanket an inch, Beija would twitch, I'd scurry away, pause, then repeat process. When they were finally tucked in, leaned against the wall, and just looked at three of them. Sleeping. Beautiful and peaceful. I stood there for God knows how long...thanking God...that I was alive...to be in this moment. Thanking God for them. Beija tossed, then I scurried away, and crashed on my bed.
I think fell asleep for about an hour or so, then woke up again. Why? Somebody was staring at me. I could sense it. I snapped open my eyes and saw...The saint. Again. Standing where I stood before, watching over us as we slept, looking down at me. I raised an eyebrow. "What?" I mouthed. She just shook her head. "Matulog ka na!" I mouthed, complete with hand gestures. She just shrugged, and slumped on the reclinable couch. She leaned forward for a second, then slammed herself against the backrest, to recline it. *blam!* The end of the backrest crashed against the nightside table behind it. We both doubled over in suppressed, soundless laughter. Quite interestingly, Te Sop and Te Lalaine didn't wake up. I sat at the foot of the Queen-size bed, and hugged my knees. Beija slumped beside me...

It was supposed to be Therapy Night part 2, but it seemed the only one who got therapy was me.

When we were all awake, I got a text from kuya that I was to be fetched a lot earlier than scheduled, coz of a campaign that would cause traffic. In one hour's time, 9:00. *Oh, great!* I changed my clothes, ate the food I was given, and played with the reclinable couch a little, while watching Beija roll over Te Lalaine again, with Te Sop laughing. *I was alive.* Nine o'clock. *I was gonna die.*

After thanking Beija's family, I grabbed my bag and trugded outside to my car. Te Lalaine gave me her signature bone-crushing hugs, as I bid goodbye to them. The three of them were at the gate, waving and cheering. *Lunatics...well, birds of a feather...* I got in the car, and closed the door. Only to find out that a yellow butterfly flew inside with me!

Me: *kicks open door* *swats around* "THERE'S A BUTTERFLY IN HERE!"
Them: *laughing their heads off*
Te Sop and Te Lalaine: "Ang galing!"
Beija: "Only goes to show, we're always with you, sis!"
Me: "Gago!"
Us: *laughing*

Fate may have screwed me over again, by making me leave so damn early, but... I was happy. My heart broke countless times that night, but I was happy... I thanked God for every second of it. I looked forward to the next time the four aswangs would meet again.

Abangan...ang susunod na kabanata!

IceQueen out.