Monday, March 29

Mar. 29 Mon.
"Hoy, pinag-hirapan ko yang .2 na yan!" -me

My brother woke me up bright and early today. He crashed next to me on the bed, and tickled me awake. I smiled. *Sure, he tortures and kills me everyday - twice on weekends - but there are these rare moments when he really does show his love for me.* I wanted to say something, but the only sound that came out of my mouth was an earsplitting:

"AAAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!"

I grit my teeth and doubled over in pain, clutching my lower leg. I suddenly had a cramp in both lower legs for some reason. Felt like I ran a mile in 3-inch heels all night. You could not even imagine how painful it was. After it subsided, though, I realized that it was actually a good thing I was only half asleep when I felt it. Coz if I was fully awake...I would have screamed my lungs out.

My dad and bro watched me in wonder all morning. When I finally asked them why they kept on staring at me, they said that they never saw me act this way before. Because when I was younger, a tiny scratch would send me crying all day. They were used to me being the 'weak', 'frail' and 'crybaby' girl. But now, as they looked at me hobble around the house, gritting my teeth in pain every once in a while, straighten up, and not even say anything...they couldn't believe it.

Dad: "Celine, pakuha nga ako ng tubig."
Me: "Yes dad." (tries to stand) (grits teeth in pain)
Dad&bro: (looks at me) "O, okay ka lang?"
Me: (ignores pain) (straightens up) "Yep." (hobbles slightly to the ref)
Dad&bro: (stares in wonder) "Sobrang sakit ang magka-cramps, ah! Hindi ba masakit?"
Me: (pauses) "Hm..Okay lang."
Dad&bro: (confused stares) "Celine, ikaw ba yan?!"

My bro told me that he was going to Makati to get his driver's license (God have mercy on our souls). And that he would drop by G4 to buy me a top. My eye twitched. I had promised him last week that I would let him have his way with me for the summer. (don't get the wrong ideas, perverts!) He would change my look - wardrobe, style, hair, you name it. And I would have to follow. Or else. And so he took my measurements.

Kuya: (takes out a measuring tape) "O, let's take your vital stats, shall we?"
Me: (stands up) "Oh no..."
Kuya: "Straight body!"
Me: (straightens up)
Kuya: "Ayan...Hips..." (measures my hips) "Wow."
Me: (rolls eyes) "Oo na, malapad na yung hips ko."
Kuya: "O, waistline naman..." (measures my waist) (jaw drops)
Me: "Ano? Kumakain naman ako nang marami! Tumataba na ako!"
Kuya: "ANONG TUMATABA?! Tingnan mo nga?! 24.2 INCHES!!! ANO BA YAN?!"
Me: "Hoy, pinag-hirapan ko yang .2 na yan!"

Other than that, I was pretty much in 'empty' mode all day. My bro and I went to my grandma's place. I slept from 10am till 5pm. It was a good thing my bro woke me up when he did. Coz if he didn't pour alcohol all over my feet, I would have entered 'sleep' mode. I got up and whacked him on the head.

He showed me the top he bought and told me to put it on, to see if it fits. I was too groggy to see what it was, so I just took my shirt off, put the top on, and came out. Kuya, my grandma, our driver, and the maids took one look at me and stared. Their heads slowly tilted slightly to the side, their mouths opened a bit, and they just stared.

Me: (standing) "O, ano? Ganon ba ka-pangit?"
Them: "..."
Me: "Okay, fine..." (walks back to room)
Kuya: "Wait lang...straight body ka nga..."
Me: (sighs) (straightens up)
Them: (eyes widen)
Kuya: "OH MY GOOOODDD!!! KITAM? KITAM?! ANG GALING KO TALAGAAA!" (jumps around)
Me: (raises eyebrow) "Bakit? Bagay ba sakin?"
Kuya: (still jumping around) "SOBRA! BAGAY NA BAGAY SAYO! LALO NA YUNG KULAY!" (hugs me) "Talbog ang mga supermodel! Ang ganda-ganda talaga ng little sister ko!"
Me: "SIRA! Hindi ako maganda, noh!"
Kuya: "Anong hindi?! Guys, maganda si Celine, di ba?"
Them: (murmurs of agreement)
Me: "NOOOOO!"

I ran back into the room and looked at myself in the mirror. I wanted to see what kind of top my brother bought. And I wanted to see WHAT THE HELL made them think I was pretty in that thing. I took one glance at my reflection. The only thing that came out of my mouth was an even more earsplitting:

"AAAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!"

Icequeen out.