Wednesday, March 31

Mar. 31 Wed.
"Like, OH MY GOD. If you were more confident, ALL the guys would be asking for your number! I'm like, SERIOUS!" -ate Patti

Morning. It's my kuya anton's birthday! I was awakened by my cell alarming. I got up and went straight to my kuya's sleeping form. I was going to tickle him awake and give him the necklace I bought. *My turn!* But...my dad beat me to him. Uh-oh.

We're not a very emotionally expressive family. Usually, it's just a joke, a couple of laughs, or a rare laughing fit once in a while. But most of the time, we're pretty much monotonous. Especially around my dad. Kuya was woken by my dad's 'wakeup call', which is an incessant monotonous: "Anton, wake up na. Anton, wake up na." I hid behind the door as my dad gave my bro the money for his party later.

Dad: (monotonous throughout) "O, ayan. 6 thousand." (counts money infront of my kuya) "One, two, three, four, five, six. O, ayan. Happy birthday."
Kuya: "Thanks, dad." (hugs my dad)
Dad: (hugs back, a bit awkwardly)
Me: (smiles)

It seems that I'm not the only one who isn't used to getting hugs, hehe. My dad may not show it, but I know that he loves us very much. Anyway, I gave my gift to kuya. He loved it! Yay! But...he said he needed an extra gift. He wanted me to go to his party. Wearing an outfit HE will pick out. I just twitched. But when I saw what he was going to make me wear...

There...there were no...there were not enough curses. Damn promise.

I was officially in 'girl' mode.

On the way to Jerry's Grill at Makati, we picked up a friend of kuya's. Ate Patti was a really rich 19year old girl who acted almost exactly like my bro. Which is...very weird. Just looking at her face, house, and her outfit, I immediately thought: *Uh-oh...she might turn out to be a part-time torturer just like kuya* But surprisingly, she wasn't. And the same went for all of my kuya's other invited guests. They were all these really extroverted liberated people, who enjoyed expressing themselves freely. But they were also very polite, well-mannered, sensitive, and friendly. They - especially ate Patti - chatted with me about so many things. Funny, coz I thought I would never be able to relate with people like them. Turns out, the only difference we really had was that they were a lot more confident about themselves.

And with special request from my bro, they gave me so many pep talks, I hardly minded that I was wearing...pink. *twitching* They cussed a lot, knowing that I was such an introvert. It was funny, really.

Kuya: "O, guys! You know what? I am soo proud of my little sister Celine..." (hugs me infront of everyone)
Me: (dying with embarrassment) "Oh my God..."
Kuya: "Because this is the first time she has ever worn an outfit like this. She's shy kasi, eh! Pero bagay naman sa kanya, diba?" (grabs me by the shoulders and shows me to the whole crowd)
Me: (freezes up with shock) "Holy..."
Raffy: "Grabe...Anton, pwede bang model ko na lang siya for my fashion show?"
Some Guy: "Tama, Anton! Pwede nang maging model!"
Some girl: "I like your top! Sobrang bagay sayo!"
Me: (seething through gritted teeth) "I...don't...like...PINK!"

Ate Patti: "Why naman 1st time mo lang magsuot ng ganyan? Bakit, ano ba dapat suot mo kung hinid ka fi-norce ng kuya mo?"
Me: "Uh...all black outfit. Long sleeved na black top, black flares, black boots, leather wristbands, silver cross necklace and earrings..."
Ate Patti: (eyes widen) "No way! Bakit naman?!"
Me: "It's because...I grew up with people who insult me all the time..."
Ate Patty: "Oh my God, Celine, like...you should just prove them wrong!" (whips out a pack of marlboro lights) "Do you mind if I smoke?"
Me: "Not at all, go ahead."
Ate Patti: "Im telling you, I would ultimately KILL for a body like yours!" (lights her cig)
Me: "Wha...? Ate, you must be mistaken, I...I don't even look good in this thing!"
Ate Patti: "For your information, Celine, you are the kind of person who would look good in ANYTHING. Kahit na snakeskin sh*t pa yan, I SWEAR!"
Me: "Uh..." (confused stare)
Ate Patti: "And furthermore, you are so funny, and kind, polite and sweet, and you're so smart pa! Like, OH MY GOD. You're the whole package! If you were a bit more confident with yourself, like, ALL the guys would be asking for your number!"
Me: (raises eyebrow) "Oh Lord..."
Ate Patti: "Its true, kaya!" (whips out her bag) "You want pa nga, I'll introduce you to some of them! I know they'd really be intimidated by you!" (leans closer, with that crazed excited look in her eyes) "Seriously, you want?"
Me: (eyes widen) "Uh...k-kuya...h-help...!"

Hehe. Ate Patti is so cool. She's not one of those richkid airhead bimbos I used to meet. Although...she just tends to be too much like my bro.

At the party, around 30 people showed up, including my three cousins. Almost everybody was smoking. As a full-time secondhand and formerly occasional smoker, I was surprised. These people could finish 2 packs in one night. Made me nauseous, really. Pity. They were such nice people. And to think, they're cutting their lives short, sucking on cancer sticks for the heck of it. *sigh*

And about kuya's guests...I can say only one thing:

"Kung nag-androgynous mode lang ako nung gabing yon, ako na siguro ang magiging pinaka-macho sa lahat ng bisita. Seryoso."

PS: Kuya took pictures!

Icequeen out.