Saturday, February 14

Feb. 14 Saturday
My mom and her faithful fashionable sidekick: my brother.

Bonding time. Nuts. I woke up at four - AGAIN - sheesh, I wonder if my bioclock's going berserk. I was pretty much tired the whole day, but it was a good thing my mother and brother thought of spending our time bonding at my aunts house. We did nothing but watch TV, sleep, read, play on the computer, and talk. Well, it was more of my mother and brother blabbering on and on about fashion, architecture, art, money, clothes, shopping, travelling, and jewelry...and me pretty much staring and saying approximately 1 word per dialogue. I practically fell asleep just listening to them. The last things I heard were about them designing their own line of clothing and planning to use me as their model. Then I was off to dreamless slumberland. While we were eating dinner though, my lungs felt like they were refusing to expand. My mom noticed, though, and asked so many questions that I was on the verge of telling her about my 'ability' thing. I didn't want to tell my family, coz my dad doesn't want to believe in such unexplained things. And I knew that if I told my mom, the whole town's going to know in less than a day. I didn't want to keep our mother-daughter connections closed again, so I just told her about my ability to be very sensitive to the emotions of others. Turns out, I acted that way ever since I was a toddler. She told me that I used to always cry for no reason at all - and then she related that to my sensitivity thing. Imagine that. Picking up people's emotions at 3 yrs old. My mom's leaving for Zamboanga on monday, and we had to say our goodbyes once again. I don't think I'll ever get used to this. And I don't think I'll ever put the past behind me. But in the car, as I was falling asleep, she held my hand for the longest time in years, and I felt that...maybe, just maybe...I'll learn to understand.

But, hey, look on the bright side...it's valentine's day, and I didn't get to stab any hearts today!..Wait...I didn't?! That sucks!

P.S. Just to make people think: what if Cupid was nearsighted? Wouldn't it be cool to get an arrow through the head? Haha!

Icequeen out.