Friday, February 13

Feb. 13 Friday
Can you say..."Subliminal"?

We had a mass first thing today, and guess what the topic was. Love. Sheesh. Just when I thought I could let it all out on the ones I hate on a perfectly fine Friday the Thirteenth. Love is patient, love is kind...I practically memorized the whole thing ever since I was in sixth grade - since that was the time I needed some guidance on loving my enemies. Great, God. Just great. So You spare my enemies once again.
Nothing to be bummed about, since it was teachers' day and we all got to meet our student teachers. All I can say is that Sir Beni the student teacher rocks! Haha! It was fun learning our lessons from her! We easily aced the quiz in her period! That's a first. After lunch, the highschool went to the Audi to watch this play called 'Alikabok' - which was, by the way, one of the most perverted yet cool nonetheless plays I have ever seen. We all had to wait in the lobby first, though, and it was totally packed. Everyone was sitting, but I preferred to stand (due to the fact that my long legs would accomodate a large space on the floor when I indian-sit). That was when I realized that I got taller - maybe about one and a half inches taller than this year's first quarter. I could see everyone from the top of the stairs - including Issa who was dragging Beija along who was telling her friends: "Hey, guys...Let's all stare at Celine!" Yippee. Another staring session. I don't know why, but it was kinda' fun...weird. There was this queer feeling in my chest (again), but it wasn't painful at all...It was kinda' like my heart was doing some kind of...jig. It was slight, but I also felt a sort of feeling of...happiness? Thankfulness, maybe? But there was definitely a sense of comfort. I thought it may be the ability thing, but I just dismissed it as a mere side effect of the heat, cramped space, and the aftertaste of the flower petals I was eating. Yes, I was eating flower petals. I was picking some of them off this white daisy and popping them in my mouth. Some people found it weird, but hey...they weren't that bad. Slightly bitter, but mostly bland. Needs a little ketchup, though. Anyway, I think Beija, Camille, and her other friends were playing some sort of game, coz' they kept staring at me, then laughing when I turned to look at them. I have to say, I thought I was getting the hang of staring at people. I tried it out on Beija, while she was staring at me from afar. I thought: "Hm...It's much easier to stare at a person who's wearing glasses...I could just stare at the streaks of light reflected on the lenses! Ha! I can do this all day!" But right after I thought it, somehow, for some reason, Beija took off her glasses, set them aside, and continued to stare at me. Well...at least I got to hold the stare for about a second and a half before shielding my eyes and muttering: "NUTS!" We were both laughing, but I couldn't help but think...Can Beija read minds? (Twilight Zone music playing in background)
When we finally got to watch the play, I was relieved at first, but as the play went on, I realized a that there was a lot of perverted and disturbing subliminal messages in the songs and gestures of the dances! No one else seemed to notice, except Les - who completely found all of the disturbing subliminals completely 'artistic' and 'entertaining'. No surprise there. But it was a really great play nonetheless!

Now, I gotta post this, coz I have to wake up early tomorrow to bond with my mother. What's the use...she'll always be this socially charismatic woman who's obsessed with her art and paintings, money, travelling, shopping, jewels, and herself (hmmm...I wonder who my brother takes after...). And I'll always be just...plain weird me.

I made waffles! It's got peanut butter and soap in 'em!!!

IceQueen out.